Saturday, November 6, 2010

DAY ONE

Flight from NOLA to DC. I woke up relatively early today which kind of sucks. I can never sleep on planes so I'm already tired and I'll have a long journey ahead of me. Around 15 hours all together with the layovers. I'll spend the next 12 weeks in Ghana which I think is the longest time I've ever spent away from home in general. I technically don't have a return flight booked. So I am literally on a one-way flight to Africa. I can't think too far ahead or make plans just yet. Everything is still so up in the air.

Flight #2: DC to Accra. The cabin is full of screaming children. I dread trans-Atlantic flights. The next time my feet touch ground, I'm going to be in Africa. I can't really wrap my mind around that yet. I'm getting pretty excited but I am so so tired. This is going to be the longest flight ever. I told myself before I left that I would spend the time on the plane doing my personal narratives for the Foreign Service application, but I've pretty much accepted the fact that I won't. I'll just zone out and watch Inception five times. Also Office Space is available on the "Modern Classic" channel, ha. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment